It is known that all moulds are allergenic, affecting some people much more than others. It is now commonly believed that ALL moulds also produce mycotoxins (toxins that come from moulds.) These allergens and mycotoxins are the culprits and in susceptible individuals can cause great distress and even serious illness. Symptoms are often misdiagnosed because they resemble hay fever and other allergies: such as sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, coughing, itchy eyes, wheezing, and skin irritation. Mould exposure can also trigger asthmatic symptoms that include coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness. Mould can also cause irritant reactions, which are similar to those of an allergic reaction.