What Causes Extra Flooding During Spring?
5 Spring Flooding Prevention and Preparation Tips for Homeowners
1. Create an Emergency Spring Flood Plan
2. Check Your Insurance Policy
3. Install French Drains or a Sump Pump
4. Check and Clear Drains and Gutters
Your spring flooding prevention plan should include:
- Checking all the drains on your property.
- Ensuring that gutters and storm drains are not blocked, as well as downspouts that carry water away from the foundation.
- It also doesn’t hurt to have sandbags available in case of a sudden and torrential spring storm.
5. Install Flood Detection Sensors
Call PuroClean for Water Damage Restoration from Spring Storms!
PuroClean is a leading commercial and residential restoration franchising company. Founded in 2001, the company offers fire and water cleanup and restoration services, mould mitigation and remediation, and biohazard cleanup and removal throughout North America, through its franchise network of 240 offices.