PuroClean is one of the fastest growing restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry, residential, commercial and industrial customers. We provide 24/7 emergency services for our clients that have suffered property damage caused by fires, floods, winds, and mould.
PuroClean Restoration Oakville/Mississauga is looking for a hardworking, and motivated Restoration and Reconstruction Technician to join our team. Our office is based in Oakville, ON but we service Oakville and Mississauga and some surrounding areas.
PuroClean Restoration Oakville/Mississauga is looking for a Restoration Technician to be an integral part of our team. Our team is responsible for remediation services of property damage caused by water, smoke, bio-hazard and mould remediation. Experience in the Restoration Industry and General Carpentry is a definite asset but not a requirement.
Core functions of the Restoration Technician
- Understanding, demonstrating and promoting the Vision, Mission and Values of the company
- Understanding, demonstrating and promoting the operational systems used by the company
- Delivering empathetic interaction and professional service resulting in an excellent customer experience in disaster response activities
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and frustration in a constructive meaner
- Maintaining a professional appearance, attitude and conduct at all times
- Working effectively toward successful outcomes with all parties involved in restoration activities
- Always achieves customer satisfaction beyond a customer’s expectation of service.
Previous experience in Restoration is desired. This is an ideal position for a Handy-man that loves to problem solve and be part of a team.
- Perform all services assigned to him/her carefully, promptly and efficiently.
- Represent our company so that the image is enhanced in the eyes of all customers at all times
- Load and unload customers personal property
- Pack and unpack property either on site or at our warehouse
- Perform all services assigned to maintain job efficiency
- Performs cleaning and restoration duties including:
- Residential/Commercial cleaning
- Fire and water restoration
- Moving of furniture as required
- Maintains and uses company equipment as necessary
- Driving to pick up materials as required
- May be cleaning items such as walls, carpets, floors, ceilings and others involved in a fire, flood or wind damage
- Operates equipment for the purpose of drying walls, furniture, flooring, and other property resulting from water damage
- Work with other technicians in a safe manner Handle re-service promptly and courteously.
- Maintain all equipment and vehicle to ensure proper work order.
- Have good knowledge of business, advise customer properly, qualify job, gain confidence of customer.
- Equipment and vehicle are neat and clean at all times- look nearly new
- Interior of vehicle is well organized, clean and invites customer inspection.
- New procedures are learned whenever available.
- Expected to maintain a positive attitude while resolving production, mechanical, and scheduling difficulties which may be encountered from time to time.
- Ensure that all equipment, supplies, vehicles and products entrusted to his/her care are carefully handled and maintained, and that any equipment malfunction is reported promptly to the Production Manager.
- To develop and maintain skills and quality of production and to attend training sessions as required.
Valid Drivers License is Required
Employee’s prior work history must indicate a dedicated work ethic and a similar work ethic must continue upon employment. Employee must be able to think logically by planning the workflow and staying one step ahead.
Job may require working weekends and holidays including travel outside of service area as required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and social insurance number
- Must be able to communicate well (in English) with customers and co-workers
- Must be able to bend, lift and reach
- Must be able to use a ladder
- Must be physically fit to in order to work with chemicals, and enclosed environments as required – specified by the jobs
- Must be able to pass pulmonary function and fir test for workers wearing a respirator when the specific job requires the use of one
Typical Mental & Physical Demands
Skills: Must be a team player, who can take direction from others. Must be able to positively interact with people on a daily basis. Must be able to take immediate actions, constructive criticism, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Miscellaneous: Employee must present a “clean cut” image with appropriate personal hygiene that is suitable for working in a customer’s home or place of business. Employee must be capable of effective communication with the customers and reflect a positive attitude towards providing outstanding customer service.
If any employee is not able to follow the outlined rules of the company and its policies, they have the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere. Unsafe workers will not be tolerated at any time.
- Competitive Salary with Benefits upon request
- Opportunity for growth into leadership positions
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $19.00-$25.00 per hour
- Restoration: 1 year (preferred)
All employees are required to wear masks when on the job-site, or in the vehicles. Masks must be worn at the office space unless you are at your desk and 6ft away from other employees. Active daily covid-19 screening must be completed prior to entering.