Disasters can occur when you least expect, even in places of public assembly, such as nightclubs, bars, restaurants or exhibition halls. Below are several important guidelines for staying safe in entertainment facilities during emergencies:
- Before entering a building, individuals should assess its condition – the main entrance should be wide and the exits should be clear of any materials. If the building looks unsafe, it should not be entered.
- If deciding to enter, individuals are advised to communicate their location to someone they trust. This person should provide help in case of an emergency.
- A meeting place should be established outside the building. Groups of people going to the public assembly will be able to meet there if the building must be evacuated.
- Once inside, the exits must be located. There have to be at least two exists. If the building must be evacuated quickly, the closest exit should be used.
- The exit paths must not be obstructed by furniture or chairs and the exit doors must not be blocked. If they are blocked, individuals are advised to tell the management. If the problem is not immediately solved, individuals should leave the building and consider registering a complaint to the fire department.
- If there are pyrotechnics, cigarettes burning or other heat sources that seem unsafe, individuals should clarify their concerns with the fire management, especially if smoke alarms and fire sprinklers are not installed in the building.
- When disturbances (such as smoke alarms) occur, the people inside the facility should remain calm and exit the building immediately. Once outside, they should wait for the firefighters to conduct any rescue operations.
In the winter season, there is an increased risk of fire accidents. Tips for preventing fires in homes are available here. The PuroClean team stands ready to provide professional restoration services to any property affected by fire, water or mould damage.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn to get our notifications!
February 11, 2016