PuroClean of North Simcoe and Muskoka has an opportunity for a Mitigation/Restoration Technician in the Gravenhurst office.
PuroClean North Simcoe and Muskoka is a locally owned and operated residential and commercial restoration company that is part of a large continent-wide network. PuroClean is driven to provide an unmatched service experience quickly, professionally, ethically, and with compassion, resulting in peace of mind for all concerned. We believe in people and in continuous growth and improvement; not only those we help, but also those who are on our team.
PuroClean North Simcoe and Muskoka provides 24-hour emergency plus cleaning and rebuild services to people who have suffered water, fire, asbestos, biological, and mould damages to their homes and businesses.
The Mitigation/Restoration Technician is a front-line role dedicated to customer service. The M/R Technician provides emergency, pack out, rebuild and pack back services to people who have a loss to their homes or businesses.
- Assessing the damages that have occurred, documenting the site conditions, and then developing a strategy to restore the property
- Removal of damaged building materials, such as carpet and drywall
- Moving and shifting contents, such as furniture
- Setting up equipment, including dehumidifiers, large fans, additional drying and deodorizing equipment
- General and final cleaning tasks following property damage losses such as sewer backup and fires
- Documenting the restoration process by taking moisture, temperature, & humidity readings; bio-swabs, pictures, etc.
- Mould, biological and asbestos remediation
- Communicating daily status of job with project manager
- Must be able to handle repetitive tasks and physically demanding work
- Must deliver exceptional customer service
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work after hours and on weekends on an “on call” basis (this is a weekly rotating schedule)
- The understanding of basic principles for restoration emergency work or mould remediation would be considered an asset, however, it is not necessary. Training is available for all tasks related to this position.
- IICRC certificates would be an asset
- High school diploma
- Clean criminal record
- Valid Class G driver’s license and clean driving record
- 8-hour weekday shifts
- Weekend availability
- Full-time/Part-time, Permanent