PuroClean Kelowna, has full-time Emergency Restoration Technician openings available for eager and ambitious individuals. A full list of responsibilities is below, some of which include cleaning after water/fire/mould damage in homes and commercial buildings.
PuroClean Kelowna is a locally owned and operated residential and commercial restoration company. We do more than clean up after a property disaster. In response to every emergency, we provide a combination of exceptional property mitigation services delivered with an equal degree of care and compassion. We help rescue homes. We put businesses back on their feet. We help clients get back to their lives. We are in the business of serving people as well as restoring property. We believe in people and continuous growth and improvement. Not only those we help, but also those who are on our team. If you are seeking a rewarding career opportunity with the ability to grow within an organization, consider PuroClean Kelowna.
PuroClean Kelowna provides 24-Hour emergency services and cleaning to people who have suffered water, fire and mould loss to their homes and businesses.
- Determining the category of water and the class of loss as well as identifying restorable building/content components.
- Calculating and set up of drying equipment and monitoring drying process.
- Completing necessary paperwork and updating data using company programs. (i.e., work authorization, diagrams, charts, photos, monitoring records, etc.).
- Ensuring compliance with company and regulatory process and protocols.
- Providing support in other areas as requested/required.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization
- Maintaining effective communication and relations with all property owners, occupants, co-workers and sub-trades.
- Mandatory On-Call shifts on a rotation basis for after-hour emergencies
- Ability to work alone or with minimal supervision
- Other responsibilities as requested by management
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- To be available and respond to emergency calls 24 hours days, 7 days a week 365 days a year as required and/ or scheduled; participation in On Call rotation
- Consistently maintain high level of excellent customer satisfaction.
- Basic-level computer literacy
- Accountable, reliable and punctual
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and great sensitivity to customers different situations
- Good problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Hardworking, trainable and work well in a team-oriented setting
- Ability to work overtime and on-call hours (nights and weekends) as required
- IICRC WRT certification
- Valid and clean driver’s license
- 1 year experience in restoration or construction work is preferred.
- Basic construction knowledge and understanding of residential homebuilding
- Have safely used power tools and hand tools
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to fluently communicate in English
- Other certifications such as AMRT, FSRT, TCST, CRS & others are an asset
- Experience working with Encircle, Xactimate, and/or DocuSketch are an asset
- Reasonable level of physical fitness with no health issues that would interfere with work demands. This is a physically demanding industry, in addition to equipment listed below you must be capable of moving furniture and other household contents.
- Ability to lift industrial fans 30 – 40 lbs and to load/unload wheeled industrial dehumidifiers 130 – 140 lbs
- Must be able to work in confined spaces (crawlspaces and attics)
- Updated immunizations/ vaccinations, especially, Hepatitis A & B, tetanus and Covid.
- Able to work for extended periods of time in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Salary and Benefits:
- CA$50,000-CA$75,000 Annually (plus bonuses)
- RRSP Contributions
- Dental, Life, Medical, and Vision